Feb 13, 2009

Shrimp Cutlets

The origin of this recipe starts from the food network shows....I can sit for hours together watching this channel..hubby dear sure gets on his last nerve these days at the sight of tis channel :) Thou, the shows are too gud, they are pretty hard to follow at the speed they go with all those ingredients which we have never ever come across in our indian dishes..hav to really concentrate to cook something juz as they telecast it...with my lil Mr.K around, concentration on something is the last thing I can ever expect...n wen Big Mr.K is around, the idea of concentrating juz flips out of my mind totally :) Well, at last I did somehow try to catch up with one of those cool recipes...but wen I tried to replicate 'em in my kitchen, I juz cudnt stick with only  american ingredients...hahahaha, so finally the biscuit recipe took a new avatar as namma ooru cutlet :) with all the spices into it ;) So here comes the recipe juz for u...Trust me, it was too gud...




Ingredients:
  • Potato - 1
  • Onion - 1 medium
  • Deveined, Raw shrimp - 1 pound
  • Bell pepper - 1/2
  • Egg - 1
  • parseley
  • Speing onion - 3
  • All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
  • Salt
  • Cumin pdr - as req
  • Coriander pdr - as req
  • garam masala - as req
  • Corriander
  • Bread Crumbs
  • Oil for frying
Preparation:

Sliced potato + Sliced Onion --> Chop this to really very pieces. I used a chopper for this.
Now add deveined, cleaned raw shrimp to this and chop it finely too. Once completed, set this aside.

Bell pepper + Egg + Parseley finely chopped + Spring onions + APF + Chopped ingredients from the above step + salt + cumin pdr + coriander pdr + garam masala + coriander finely chopped --> Mix all the mentioned ingredients well. (Do not add water) After mixing it well ,make balls, dip them in bread crumbs and then shallow fry them.

Crunchy Cutlets are ready to serve. Serve them with ketchup.

1 comments:

  1. yumm, I'm coming there for the aperitif;

    came here through padma's and thankfully!

    You've got a wonderful set of recipes here!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at mail4kavi@gmail.com

You May also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape